Tuesday, May 22, 2012

SLAG Smoothie

Boys withhold when they are young where the potty is concerned.  It isn't uncommon for them to wait days before finally doing their business.  I wonder when the magical transformation happens where they start camping out in there daily.  But for now, one of my boys isn't that regular and he was up all night with a tummy ache last night.  So, I decided to get some Miralax in his system.  To do this takes more then mere milk, juice or even ice cream.  He picks up the texture in all of them.  Today I made my own smoothie, the SLAG (shit like a goose) Smoothie.  Turned out really good, though I could only try a spoonful because I don't need to be running to the potty...  I looked on allrecipes.com and picked some that sounded good, then went from there.


SLAG Smoothie

1 medium sliced banana
1 cup Boathouse Farms strawberry banana smoothie
1 dose of Miralax
1 cup of vanilla ice cream
2 cups crushed ice

Put banana, smoothie, Miralax and ice cream in a blender.
Pulse until smoothly combined.
Add 2 cups crushed ice and pulse until smoothly combined.




It tastes great and I will be changing it up, using fresh fruit instead of ready-made smoothie liquid, maybe back off the ice a bit and increase the fruit and/or ice cream.

I would love to try strawberry kiwi with all fresh fruit, also strawberry peach, or strawberry-peach-kiwi-banana-whatever else.  The possibilities are endless!

As I typed the last sentence, GUESS WHO ran to the bathroom saying, "I gotta go pooooop!" as he went down the hall.  Mission accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. these boys are the cuttest.can't wait till Bible School.John Cambell will probally teach me a thing or two.Great to have you at church!!

    ReplyDelete