Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Came Early

I'm home waiting on a package.  I wanted to get John Campbell in the shower to get it over with.  Jackson Wynn wanted to take a shower - was adamant about a showerrrrrr.  John Campbell chimed in, "I can help him."  So, I agreed, that if no screaming or beating occurred, they could take one together.  I made John Campbell promise to over see the washing and scrubbing of all nooks, crannies and crevices.  He assured me they would be clean.

After 10 minutes I go in to check and they are fine.  Jackson Wynn says, "You are my best friend; am I your best friend?"  To which John Campbell answers, "Yeah, we are best friends, ...and brothers too."  And then a conversation about the goodness of having brothers starts up.  John Campbell tells his little brother that he's doing a good job soaping his hair and Jackson Wynn thanks him with pride and astonishment in his voice.  It isn't often the big brother brags on him.

Then John Campbell says, "Okay, our hair is done, let's do the rest."  I giggle and leave, because I know they will probably be in there for 30 more minutes.  But it is worth it.  I know it is only a matter of time until they are whupping up on each other once again, fighting over toys, or who said what to who and who started it.  Ahhh, Christmas.  It lives in the little moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment