Monday, February 21, 2011

Music Chair

We've almost finished the little music chair I got at the Salvation Army.  All that's left is permanently attaching the seat.  Abbie replaced the seat bottom by tracing a pattern with the old wood.  We sanded and filled in a few spots.  Then, primed and sanded and did about three coats of cream paint, sanding lightly between each coat.  I'm doing pretty good at sanding and Abbie has the wood filler and gluing down.  We need to work on our spray painting.  We had a few drips on each coat, but sandpaper takes it right off.  I thought about glazing it but wanted to keep it simple.  The chairs in the background are next on my list.





My husband likes natural wood - he wants to see the grain.  We have a ton of oak in our house - all the floors and cabinets.  It is just too dark for me.  I enjoy the floors, but would like to paint or at least re-stain my cabinets.  This chair was a pretty shade, and I would have kept it natural if it weren't for the damaged veneer on the lyre.  I've never been much on white painted furniture, but I like how the cream color turned out.  It is cloudy today and the absence of sun isn't helping my photos.  I love the pretty, happy shade of blue.

So this is my official music chair.  I'll give lessons in this chair and practice in it.  To see some really good makeovers, click on the buttons below.  It's a party!

Furniture Feature FridaysChic on a Shoestring Decorating
Photobucket Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. love the chair it turned out beautiful. i have yet to try any chairs with fabric. but you make me want to... im your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the fabric you chose for the seat. Makes it so much more up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!
    www.dashing-home.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great makeover!! Thanks for linking my Flaunt it Friday party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a very sweet chair and to be honest, I like the contrast between your wood floors and the crisp white chair. Makes it look so fresh. Fabulous job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice job on your chair! I really like the fabric!
    gail
    ps featuring it at CCC highlights!

    ReplyDelete